At the end of the day, it’s great to have a cozy, comforting haven where you can escape from the world. If you don’t have a den or if you live in a small house or studio apartment, there’s a lot to be said for making your bedroom into just such a getaway. In this article, we will present a collection of smart bedroom decor ideas DIY to help you turn your bedroom into your own personal retreat. Read on to learn more.
1. Paint: It’s great if you can start your decorating project before you ever move a stick of furniture into your bedroom. That way, you can begin with a clean palette. Start out by choosing a relaxing, attractive color and giving your bedroom a fresh coat of paint.
2. Customize Your Headboard: When you choose your headboard, go for more that good looks. A well-designed headboard can keep all of your necessities, such as SmartPhone, TV remote, books, beverages, night-time medicines, tissues, etc. close at hand. Look for a headboard that has a solid space to act as a backrest, along with storage space with doors for a neat and tidy appearance.
3. Coordinated Bedding: Be sure that your comforter or bedspread matches or coordinates with the color you have chosen to paint your walls. Look for coordinated bedding sets that pull everything together to give your room a relaxing, finished appearance. Be sure to have at least two sets of bedding so that you can always remake your bed right away and avoid the garish appearance of a bare mattress and naked pillows. Having extra linens means your room is always ready for use, and you will never find yourself stumbling around exhausted making your bed in the middle of the night.
4. Coordinate Accessories: If you are short of cash, you can make a hobby of looking for coordinating accessories at garage sales, thrift stores and dollar stores. Smart, careful shopping can yield a treasure trove of unique, interesting rugs, wall hangings, lamps and knick-knacks to make your room truly restful and relaxing.
NOTE: Because bedbugs have been a problem around the world recently, be sure to examine any second-hand items you purchase very carefully before bringing them indoors. Clean furnishings and wall hangings thoroughly outdoors, steam clean soft furnishings and wash bedding in hot water before introducing these items to your room.
5. Feng Shui It Up A Bit! Calm your spirit and improve your health by adding living things to your bedroom. An aquarium can provide restful white noise, a gentle night light, enjoyable companionship and the element of water to soothe your spirit. Plants have been proven to clean the air, add negative ions to the atmosphere and provide a feast for the eyes. A small fan placed in a corner to just keep the air circulating will also help make your room more comfortable.
6. Humidify & Purify the Air: A cool mist humidifier makes an attractive and comforting addition to any room, but it is especially helpful in the bedroom. Keeping the air the proper humidity can help prevent dry nasal passages, skin, hair and eyes. If you purchase one that can also act as an essential oil diffuser, you can enjoy the aromatherapy and medicinal properties of essential oils. Humidifiers are available in a vast array of attractive designs, so you can surely find one that will beautify and improve your bedroom environment.
Decorating your bedroom can be fun and interesting. Use these six bedroom decor ideas DIY to get started on creating your own comfortable and safe haven at home. As time passes, you are sure to come up with even more imaginative, affordable, easy ways to enhance and improve your living space.